11.03.2005

Gas Prices (again)

Well, I might as well address my obsession with gas prices. My fiance lives some 53 miles away from me and I spend a healthy chunk of cash seeing her at least weekly. Thus my obsession.

Now for the rant.

People, choose your gas prices wisely. What do I mean by that? Read this article. Or read my tiny summary. Basically this article states that people get complacent when the prices are going down, they don't seem to care as much for the difference between a few pennies. This means basically that the gas stations are able to keep the prices high because the supply is staying the same. What's the solution? Bargain hunt like gas was $3.00 again. You see a lower price, fill up at that gas station. Don't fill up at the convenient ones, give your business to the cheapest station. Eventually the other stations, who's business is slacking, will lower their prices. Supply and demand. When prices go up we as consumers become more and more attached to those few cents and are more willing to go out of our way to save a buck. Now what we need is to maintain that sort of attitude even when prices are waning, because that will cause prices to decrease even further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home