2.03.2007

Good Quote / Bill of Rights

Well while surfing the net when I should have been writing fireworks support letters I came across a good quote -

"The Christian Right are neither" - Moby

Plus I read something that made me think... Why the hell are we putting the Ten Commandments up in the courthouses? There was a better suggestion. Screw the commandments... They do not belong in our courthouses anyways - better yet lets put the Bill of Rights up where the Commandments used to be. It seems Americans need reminding of what they are, and remember the only way to keep them is for fighting for them, and I do not mean fighting in the wonderful "war of choice" in Iraq.

2 Comments:

Blogger A-muse-ing said...

I totally agree. :)

When E and I get rich, I'm going to start putting up Koran and Buddha statues and Stars of David right next to all those silly Ten Commandment displays. The Christian Right (which, I agree, is NEITHER) thinks that our Constitution was founded on the 10 Commandments, but that's only partially (about 10%) true--our founding fathers also relied heavily on Asian and Middle Eastern teachings/texts to create our laws--not to mention the Roman government. Which, y'know, was hardly Christian.... ~_-

Peace and love.

P.S. Are you and Sheena going to be able to make it down here this weekend? (I'm worried about the snow.)

11:03  
Blogger A-muse-ing said...

Are you ever going to update this thing?? ;)

Peace and love.

13:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home